Gun control is one of the most debated topics in America today. However, the anti-gun control side of the debate almost always wins. Why? Because this debate is very possible to win without using too many forgettable statistics. Here are the only two things you need to back your arguments on gun control:
- 2nd Amendment knowledge
“…the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.”
Leftists will try to dismiss this argument by stating that “This only applies to ‘a well regulated Militia’!” but, the Constitution says literally that the right of the people to bear arms shall not be infringed. It is not possible to make a valid argument against this. A bonus on this one is that most leftists will try to argue this anyways and fail. If that happens, congratulations. You’ve already won.
2. Logic/common sense
You can use logic and common sense to back up the rest of the arguments that you need to make in this debate. Arguments like:
- Bad people don’t care about the law
- A shooter isn’t going to shoot up a place that they know contain armed citizens
- Taking away the ability to defend yourself from criminals is very unsafe.
- Taking away the ability to stop a terrorist attack is unsafe.
- More guns means more safety which means less deaths.
- Too much government power
We need guns to protect the rest of our rights in case the government goes tyrannical. Win this argument by asking this question: “What would have happened if the American people didn’t have guns for the Revolutionary War?” The answer is that we would still be under British rule today. Luckily, they allowed us to have guns.